Following are the tasks and responsibilities:
- Proposes, drafts and ensures the implementation of policy/strategy documents in the mining sector;
- Proposes, drafts and ensures the implementation of mining sector legislation;
- Prepares and monitors community development plans, affected by mining activities;
- Provides support in drafting, reviewing and proposing the Management Plant for mineral resource management documents;
- Proposes and drafts mineral resource promotion programs;
- Manages, updates and maintains the database on mining and energy activities;
- Processes technical documentation on generation and preparation of utilizable mineral resource balances.
2. The Head of the Mining Department reports to the Secretary General.
3. The Mining Department comprises:
- Mining Policy Division;
- Mineral Resource and Balance Division;
- Database and Promotion Division.
4. Number of employees in the Mining Department is eleven (11).
acting Head of Department of Mines: Dukagjin Shala