Five companies have prequalified to purchase 75% of PTK shares.
PTK Government Privatization Committee (GPC), in its meeting held on 17 August 2012, approved the list of companies prequalified to participate in the tender for purchasing 75% of PTK shares.
Based on the GPC decision, the following companies have met all legal, financial and technical requirements set forth in the call for prequalification, and are hence invited to participate in the tender for the purchase of 75% of PTK shares:
- Albright Capital Management LLC, in cooperation with Portugal Telecom
- Columbia Capital, in consortium with ACP Axos Capital Gmbh, in cooperation with British Telecom Poland (owned by British Telecom)
- M1 International Limited
- Twelve HORNBEAMS, in consortium with Avicenna Capital LLC, in cooperation with Sofrecom (part of France Telecom)
Profiles of the prequalified companies:
- Albright Capital Management (ACM), in cooperation with Portugal Telecom
Albright Capital Management LLC was established in 2003.
Since 2007, this company has raised in excess of 600 US Dollars. The company manages assets worth over USD 700 million. This company also manages different investment funds in various countries around the world.
ACM has entered the PTK purchase competition in cooperation with the Portugal Telecom, on operation and management basis. Portugal Telecom operates in a number of countries in the world with annual revenues circa 4 billion euro.
- Twelve Hornbeams, UK (Innova Capital) and Avicienna Capital, UK, in cooperation with Sofrecom (part of France Telecom)
Twelve Hornbeams is established by Innova Capital.
In the last 17 years, Innova Capital invested in a number of very important telecommunication operators, including, among other GTS Central Europe, Energis Polska, Voxtel (Orange Moldova), Mobitel, etc., and invested around 500 million euro in the countries of Southeast Europe. It manages assets in excess of 900 million euro in this region.
Avicienna Capital, is a private investment firm, with headquarters in London and Istanbul. This company, established in 2003, invested in various strategic sectors in Asia and Europe.
Avicienna is seeking to expand its investments in telecommunications and energy.
These two companies have entered the PTK purchase competition in cooperation with Sofrecom, part of France Telecom.
- Columbia Capital, USA and Axos Capital, in cooperation with British Telecom Poland (part of British Telecom)
Columbia Capital is an investment fund focused on information technology, telecommunications, internet, media, etc. It was established in 1989 and invested in the given sector in over 130 companies worldwide. They manage over 2.5 billion dollars.
Axos Capital Partners is a joint stock company comprising leading international investors in technology and telecommunications, with private capital of circa USD4 billion.
Columbia Capital and Axos Capital have entered the PTK transaction in cooperation with British Telecom.
- M1 Group, Lebanon
M1 Group is an investment group, experienced in various fields, such as telecommunications, aviation, energy, construction, etc. Established in 1960, the company started to invest in the telecom market since 1980, whereas the largest telecommunication company that benefited from its investments was Investcom.
- Turkcell, Turkey Turkcell is the largest mobile telephony operator in Turkey. It provides telephony and internet services, through its global communication network system. The company also offers other services in the sphere of telephony and internet. It operates in nine countries worldwide and has over 65 million consumers. During last year, it had revenues exceeding 4 billion dollars.