Following are the tasks and responsibilities:
- Collects and processes data from research, and on utilization of mineral resources;
- Takes part in drafting and reviewing mining sector policy documents/strategies;
- Takes part in drafting mining sector legislation;
- Follows the development and supports the implementation of mining sector standards and technical rules;
- Follows-up, plans and coordinates activities in the preparation of the proposed list for mining royalties;
- Processes technical documentation on production and prepares balances on utilizable mineral resources;
- Takes part in preparing and proposes materials and data for promotion of mineral sources;
- Drafts regular periodic reports on balance data and mineral activities.
2. The Head of the Mineral Resource and Balance Division reports to the Head of the Mining Department.
3. The number of employees in the Mining Resource and Balance Division is three (3).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Leads the process of drafting and review of policy documents/strategies in the mining sector;
- Proposes, drafts and monitors the implementation of mining sector legislation;
- Drafts regular periodic reports on the implementation of the Mining Strategy;
- Drafts and monitors development plans for communities affected by mining activities;
- Offers support in reviewing and proposing the adoption of the mineral resource management plan;
- Reviews spatial plans in relation to mineral resource management.
2. The Head of the Mining Policy Division reports to the Head of the Mining Department.
3. Number of employees in the Mining Policy Division is four (4).